Friday, September 7, 2012

Expendables 2

Has anyone that follows this blog noticed that Linda and I like movies, both going to them and renting from Red Box?  Well, we do.  I like going to the theater the best because their popcorn is better than mine.

Yesterday we went to Rio 10 Cinemas in Kerrville and saw Expendables 2. It was not the best movie I have ever seen, but it was very entertaining.

It was full of action, blood, and guts. Now that is a guys movie!  And I think Linda enjoyed it pretty well also.  I got the feeling these actors were really enjoying themselves making this movie. They must have had a full time person running around with the platform for Chuck Norris to stand on so he would look taller.  Hey!  I like Chuck, but short guys can be tough also.  They don't have to stand on platforms to look tough.  He was pretty funny.

Would I pay to go to a theater again to see it? No! But when it comes out at Red Box I will probably rent it.

It was a great way to spend the afternoon out of the heat with the one I love.  Now, now, all you women quit saying "That is so sweet.".  It is what it is and we are married till death do us part.

When I was 62 I got my first tattoo.  Linda had just gone through over a year of being very sick.  I was not sure she was going to make it, but due to a wonderful doctor at KU Medical Center in Kansas City she is still with me.  I hate needles, but I was so thankful to still have her in my life I got this.




I was just thinking about how happy I was and the thought popped into my head I need to show our love.  

Genesis 2:24 talks about a man and a woman leaving their mother and father and becoming one flesh.  That is what we did.  I am not artistic at all but the joined hearts and joined names just came into my head.  It took me a couple of weeks working on it to come up with this design.  Then came the "fun" part, getting it.  But it was and is worth it.

Okay, off the mushy stuff before I get all emotional.

I started on a new modification to our bathroom in the motor home.  The mirror we have has this goofy oak looking frame with gold trim that is flaking off.  The other day I took two pieces of the trim off and went to Home Depot to get something to replace it with.  I ended up with fake wood trim that looks like oak.  Here is something new for me as I am not a carpenter, but I am trying to learn so I also bought a miter saw and box.  Last night I went into the bathroom for one of my mid night visits and saw that the mirror was hanging at an angle.  They had it taped to the wall with double sided take and part of the tape was coming off.  I sure am glad I got up.  I would have hated for it to fall and break.  So, I took it off the wall and went back to bed.

This morning I cut out the four trim pieces and they look like they actually might work.  Later I will go to WalMart later to get some new double sided tape.  When I get it put back together if it looks good enough I will take a picture and post it.  If this one works out, I will also do the same thing to the one in the living room.  It is just as hideous.  

Oh!  I do have a backup plan.  If my frame looks like (How do you nicely say crap?) crap, I have kept the original pieces and I will sand them down and paint them white.  White goes with everything.

That is it for now.  Wish me luck and success.

1 comment: