Wednesday, January 23, 2013

MONDAY

Wow!  I thought Monday's were over with once I retired.  Every day was Saturday or Sunday.  Not so this week.

Monday we were working on several units to get them ready by February and two more came onto our list.  I felt overwhelmed since I like to have everything done well before deadlines.  Then the smoke detector started going off in the motor home. 

We cleared the air out and put a new battery in thinking that would fix it.  After a little bit there were no more beeps so we went back to work.  The next time we stopped by the smoke detector was beeping again.  I didn't have time for this.  We could not smell anything or see anything out of order.  I was just sure that when the put the new carpeting in that they had stapled through a wire.

Finally the day was over and we took the detector with us in the car when  we went to supper.  When we got back to the car the darn thing was beeping.  That was a good sign and took a bunch of the pressure off.

Before retirement I very seldom had a bad Monday and I sure don't want to start having them now.  So, that was my first and last.

No comments:

Post a Comment