Sunday, May 27, 2012

Went to the cemeteries

Linda and I and our grandson Jordan went to the cemeteries today. 

First we went and put a flag on Linda's father's grave.  Then we put a flag on my step-father's grave and flowers between his and my mother's grave.

Jordan had to leave us then for a rock concert so we went to Kansas and put flower's on her mother's grave and then back to Savannah, Missouri to put a flag on my father's grave.

We will go back on Tuesday and if the potted flowers are still there we will bring them home.  Normally they get stolen.  It is a sad world isn't it.

We took Jordan because he is the only one that we know of that knows where the graves are at.  It seems like the coming generations don't think much about showing respect and love to those that are gone.  The world changes and that is the way it is.  I am just glad that we were in the area and could do it.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, the we world has checked out, the me world has checked in..and it appears irreversible..

    ReplyDelete