Thursday, August 29, 2013

2013-08-29 - Movie Review

On Tuesday Linda and I went to Cinemark Hollywood Theatre in McAllen, Texas and saw We're The Millers.

The popcorn and Diet Coke was very good.  The seats were comfortable and the temperature was a wonderful change from the heat outside.

Oh!  You are waiting for the movie review.  Well, before I get to that let me set the scene.

This area of the country are mostly U.S. citizens, but at the same time I am guessing 95 per cent Hispanic.  We are the only non Hispanic couple in the theatre watching a movie about smuggling drugs out of Mexico which is about eight miles away from us.  Everyone in the theatre laughed a much if not more than us.  If you are very religious or you have young children you might not want to see this movie.  The language and some of the subject matter could make you uncomfortable.

But, this movie is one of the funniest we have seen.  I would see it again.  Of course Jennifer Aniston was as hot and funny as ever.  Guys, don't get excited, there are no nude scenes.  Emma Roberts is hot hot hot and Jason Sudeikis is funny as the father.  Then there is Will Poulter the son.  He has some of the funniest parts.

I don't want to say anything about the actual movie but to say I highly recommend it if you are needing a good laugh.

Just for information, here is a little about McAllen:  Clicky

1 comment:

  1. Saw it last week---54 years of living, I ranked it as #1 funniest I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete