Wednesday, November 13, 2013

2013-11-13 - Skittles

Monday we stopped in at the office and someone had left a bunch of small packages of Skittles there.  Linda grabbed one of them and I said they were full of sugar.  She really didn't care.  Later in  the day we were at the house and she stood up from the couch grabbing at throat and said she could not breath.

I jumped up and did the Heimlich Maneuver on her.  She was still choking so I did it again a little harder.  She was able to breath then but her side was hurting.  She said she heard something pop.  The next day I finally got her to go to the doctor.  The doctor said nothing was broken and there was not danger, but it would be sore for a while.

She had thrown a hand full in her mouth at one time.  I expected to see something come flying out, but didn't.  I am just glad she is breathing.  Now every time she coughs it hurts and I feel bad.  But I would rather feel guilty than not have her.

Stay away from those Skittles.  They can be unhealthy to you. 

Anyone that knows me knows that I have a tendency to be bull-headed.  The temperature was in the mid 50s today and I refuse to put long pants on.  I came to South Texas to be warm and refuse to give in.  Darn it was cold and uncomfortable.  Tonight is is going to get down to 48 and up to 70 tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment