Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2014-1-14 - Harvest Time

Here are some pictures of the orange tree behind our motor home.


I cut one open the other day and tasted it.  They are not quite ready yet but will be soon.  I have been watering the tree since I got here in August and they are really looking good. 

Last Saturday I smoked three racks of baby back ribs and added two of them sliced up in the water pan.  I used hickory chips and smoked the ribs for 1 1/2 hours at 225 degrees, then  wrapped in foil, cranked the heat up to 250 and smoked another hour.  When that was done, I threw them on the grill with BBQ sauce.  We had four other couples over who brought side dishes.  What a wonderful meal.  The ribs were very tasty and fall off the bone tender.

We finished up the last of the rental units this morning.  We will have three more to clean after the end of February. 

No comments:

Post a Comment