Thursday, June 7, 2012

2012 Vacation - Arizona

Yesterday I covered Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico.  Today it will be only Arizona.

We start at the Arizona Visitor Center right outside New Mexico on I-40.  Whenever Linda and I are in this area we always stop at this visitor center due to the beautiful cliffs on both sides of the highway.















































 Our next stop was The Petrified Forest and the Painted Desert.  Whoops!  I didn't get any pictures of the petrified wood except for the log that Amaya and Jordan are standing by.  The other two pictures are of the Painted Desert.

We have been through the Painted Desert before and it was not as pretty.  It depends on the time of day and the way the sunlight hits the various spots.  This trip through was one of our best.  The kids thought it was really pretty.














Now on to the Grand Canyon.  We love the Grand Canyon.  Two of Linda and my favorite places to go is Mount Rushmore and The Grand Canyon. 

Come share some of the views with us.


















































It was really hot this day at the canyon.  Jordan and I walked from one of the view points to another one and I thought the kid might end up having to carry me.  He has lost over 100 pounds and is really fit.  Me?  Not so much!  It was worth the walk though and then we took the shuttle back to the visitor center to meet up with Linda and Amaya.  Sometimes I know think they are smarter than us.

That's it for today.  Tomorrow I will try to cover Utah, Colorado, and the entrance sign for Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment