Thursday, August 15, 2013

8/15/2013 - Home from Vacation

We are home from vacation.  It was a very active time in Branson and I kept forgetting to take any pictures.  So, there are no pictures in this post.

My wife, daughter-in-law, two grandsons and granddaughter went to Silver Dollar City one day and I believe had a good time.  My son  and I drove all over the place and had a good alone time together.  I think this might have been the most we have talked to each other for a long time and really enjoyed it.

The resort has added a Frisbee golf course and a wiffle ball ball field.  Those were two very nice additions.  The gas grills have been cleaned and were cleaned every night and worked the best they have since we have owned this time share.

My son cooked brats and hamburgers on the grill one night and BBQ ribs another night.  Both were very good.  All but my wife, one grandson and I left Wednesday morning.  My grandson and I went to Ripley's Believe it of Not and I was very surprised.  It started slow and I thought it was going to be another waste of money, but it kept getting better and better.  We really enjoyed it.  Then we went to Red Lobster for supper for "Endless Shrimp".  That kid should live in the ocean the way he can eat shrimp.  We got our money's worth again due to  him.  lol

Linda drove back to St. Joseph and we dropped off the grandson and picked up our dog, Precious.  She was really happy to see us but had been taken  real good care of.  I drove us on back to Swan Lake.

So FUNNY!  When we pulled up to the motor home Linda in a shocked voice said "What is that?"  Someone here as a joke hand put a sign up saying, "Bank Repo   -   For Sale  -  Make offer in the Visitor Center".  I cracked up.  It is a really neat group of people here and we will miss them .

We have a friend that I use to work with, her sister and her grandson coming Saturday to visit and then we leave Sunday slowly meandering our way back to the Rio Grande Valley of Texas for the winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment