Wednesday, December 11, 2013

2013-12-11 - Long time no post

I know I have not posted much lately.  We have been really busy cleaning units for all the people coming in on January 1st.  We already have one couple coming in on December 22 or 23 instead of the 1st.  In the last three days we have finished four units and we are working on three more.  Both of us have doctor appointments tomorrow, so we may only get one done.

Linda had an appointment with her kidney doctor today and now has further tests scheduled.  She found out that she only had 23 per cent of her kidney function when she went to the doctor on November 21st.  The doctor wants to do more test to see what is causing it and how to treat it.  He said it might be treatable.

WEATHER

It sucks!  We have been having highs in the upper 50s.  I have to look up the temperature in Missouri in order to feel warm.  It is suppose to be in the 70s Saturday and Sunday here in Mission, Texas.  If it gets that warm, I am going to the pool just help out my attitude.

Linda flies out on Monday the 16th to go home for eight days.  She will rent a car in St. Joseph and stay with Duane and his family.  She is hoping to get the chance to drive to Kansas City and see her brother and sister.  I will have plenty to keep me busy here while she is gone.  I just hope she gets to see some snow because she loves it.  I'll be happy to pass it up.  I hope to get to see some sun while she is gone.

Oh!  I almost forgot.  One of our friends made a couple of grapefruit pies last night.  It was really good.  Of course I do like grapefruit and they are harvesting them now here in the valley along with oranges.


No comments:

Post a Comment